Table Of Contents
Do you have an hp touch screen laptop? Unluckily this touch screen display needs to be fixed for some technical issue. Ultimately the first query that may arise in your mind is can you disable the touch screen on Hp laptop?
Definitely, you can disable the touch screen of any laptop. In this guide, there are the easiest and quickest methods to disable the touch screen of a Hp laptop.
How to Disable touch screen on Hp Laptop
In this method, we will learn to disable the screen by using the search bar. The search bar is present next to the window button. The icon of the search bar is a small magnifying glass.
- Click on the search bar right to the start button.
- Now type device manager in the search bar. After that, click on the enter button.
- Select the device manager from the menu.
- A new window will appear. Select the Human interface device from the window.
- A new sub list will pop up. Click on the touch screen display from the sub list.
- Right-click on the touch screen display and select the disable device button.
- A verification window will appear after clicking the disable device button. Click on yes to disable the screen.
After selecting the yes button, check whether the touch screen stopped working. If the touch screen is still working, repeat the abovementioned process and restart the laptop.
Disable Touchscreen from Bios
To disable the touch screen from the bios method, turn off the laptop first.
- Turn on the laptop and immediately press F2 or f 10 keys until the laptop starts to boot.
- From the Bios menu, select advanced/system properties/ or device options depending upon the model of the hp laptop.
- Select the touch screen device line and choose to disable the option
- Now click on the Esc key from the keyboard to return to the Root bios menu.
- From the Bios menu, select save changes and exist.
That is all about turning off the touch screen by the Bios method.
Disable the Touch Screen on Hp Laptop Windows 11
The process of disabling the touch screen on Windows 11 is given below.
- Start by right-clicking the search button.
- Select the device manager from the menu after clicking the right button.
- Select the human interface devices from the sub-menu.
- Click the HID-complaint touch screen from the window and right-click it.
- Choose the disable screen from the context menu.
- Now a new window will appear that asks the confirmation of disabling the device.
- Select the yes option from the window to proceed further.
Now restart the laptop and see if the screen has stopped working. In most cases, the screen is disabled in one attempt. In case the screen is still working, repeat the process.
Disable the touch screen on Hp Laptop Windows 10
The method of disabling the screen on Windows 10 is the same as Windows 11. Simply do the search bar and type device manager. Select the HID (human interface devices) from the menu and select the touch screen to disable the option from the sub list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question No 1: Do Lenovo laptops have a touch screen?
Answer: Yes, a few models of Lenovo laptops come with touch screen displays.
Question no 2: How can I enable the touch screen of a laptop?
Answer: Go to the search bar, and select the search icon. Click on the device manager. Select the human interface device. A sub-menu will pop up. From the sub-menu, select the touch screen and enable it manually.
Question No 3: Can you turn off the touch screen of a Chromebook?
Answer: Yes, you can turn off the touch screen of the Chromebook. First of all, enable the debugging keyboard from the chrome flags menu. Now restart Chromebook. Now press shift+T to disable the touch screen. The procedure of disabling the touchpad is different
In the procedure mentioned above, you can disable the touch screen of all the touch screen laptops. Do not get panic if the touch screen does not disable after repeating the process. Contact customer care and ask them to help you disable the touch screen.