In This Article
The touch screen laptops provide fast navigation and make work easier. There are several tasks when the touch screen is useless. So here the point is can you turn off touch screen on laptop? There are two ways to turn off the touch screen on a laptop.
In this article, I am going to mention these two steps in detail. So without wasting a second, let’s get into the article.
Deactivate the Touch Screen by Search Bar
In this part, we will learn how to turn off the touch screen display by the search bar. Below are the step to fulfill this task.
- The search Bar is located on the right side of the window button. These buttons are at the bottom of the screen on the left side. The logo of the search button is a small magnifying glass that is next to the window logo.
- Click on the search bar and type device manager and click on the enter key
- From the results, select the device manager
- After clicking on the device manager, a list of the programs will pop up.
- Click on the human interface device option from the list
- After clicking on the human interface device, select the touch screen display from the sub-menu.
- Click on the disable device.
- You have successfully disabled the touch screen of the laptop.
Sometimes verification notifications may appear on the screen. If this happens with your case, simply click the yes button. If this method does not work in a single try, then you can repeat the process.
Deactivate the touch screen by using Hotkeys
This method is almost the same as above. The only difference is we are using some shortcut key to access the start menu. Let’s see the whole process.
- Click on the windows key and x key simultaneously. Holding these two keys together allows the start menu to pop up on the screen.
- From the menu, select Device manager. You can use arrow keys for this task.
- After clicking on the device manager, a new window will appear. Select the human interface devices from this window.
- Now select the touch screen from the sub-menu of human interface devices.
- Now click on the Disable device option from the dropdown menu.
- If a verification window pops up, then simply select the yes option.
After completing the process, check whether the touch screen stopped working. If it is still working, then repeat the process one more time.
If the touch screen laptop is still working after repeating the procedure repeatedly, then it is better to seek help from customer support.
Must Read: Do Lenovo Laptops Have Touch Screen?
How Can I Turn Off Touch Screen on Windows 8
The procedure of turning off the touch screen of the laptops on windows 8 is the same as mentioned above. The procedure is the same for windows 10 also.
How to Turn Off Touch Screen of Dell, Hp, and Lenovo Laptops?
The method of turning off the touch screens for all laptop models is the same as mentioned above. Make sure you are following the procedure carefully without skipping any step.
Also See: Do Touchscreen Laptops Break Easily?
Frequently Asked Questions
Question No 1: How do I enable the touch screen display of the laptop?
Answer: the touch screen can be enabled easily from the menu of human interface devices.
Question No 2: Why are touch screen laptops more expensive?
Answer: The touch screen laptops are comprised an additional feature of the touch screen display that is why these laptops are more expensive than ordinary non-touch screen
Question No 3: Can you disable the touchscreen of the iPad?
Answer: Yes, you can disable the touch screen of the iPad from its general setting.
Must See: Can A Touch Screen Laptop Use A Mouse?
These are the two quickest and easiest method for turning off the touch screen of any laptop and windows. I hope this information will also help you turn off your laptop’s touch screen.